- First, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements
- Second, gather all of the documents listed on the application checklist. All documents must be submitted in either pdf and/or jpg format. You must have all of the required documents ready to submit your application.
- When you have all of the required documents, submit them by attaching them as directed. When you have submitted your application, you will receive a message confirming our receipt of your application.
In order to complete the application process, applicants whose proposals receive a positive expert evaluation and fulfill the HAESF mission will be invited for an interview conducted in English. This interview serves multiple purposes: to learn more about the candidate's professional goals, objectives and interests; to discuss the project proposal in more detail; and to assess the candidate's communication skills and English language ability.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of members of the Board of Advisors and HAESF representatives. Applicants will be selected based on but not limited to the following criteria:
- Potential future contribution to Hungarian society
- Matching professional objectives and project plans to the values and mission of HAESF
- Clearly articulated professional goals
- Project proposal: achievable goals and results, realistic budget and action plan
- Ability to serve as an ambassador of Hungary
- Strength of recommendations
- English language communication skills
- Diversity of practice areas, professional interests and applicants
Notification & Acceptance Process
Applicants will be notified via email regarding the final status of their application according to the published timeline. Successful applicants should be advised that the acceptance package will include a significant amount of forms and paperwork. In order for HAESF to successfully secure U.S. visas, it is essential that the paperwork be complete, accurate, and submitted in a timely manner as outlined in the acceptance materials. The HAESF office in Budapest will provide assistance should applicants have any questions or concerns.
For all application questions, please contact:
TEL (36-1) 413-0018